Beit Trust CURE Hospital , and Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital,
Blantyre, Malawi, E. Africa
Not only is Malawi one of the most beautiful of African nations, but its people are also exceptionally friendly and hospitable. This Fellowship offers a rare opportunity to gain first-class experience of orthopaedics in a developing country. This post not only offers exceptional clinical experience, but also the chance to join an accomplished research program. The unit has published their world leading experience in septic arthritis and also offers an internationally renowned club-foot program. There is thus plenty of scope for joining in with departmental research and nearly all the recent registrars have authored or contributed to highly regarded international publications.
- Linkman: Steve Mannion can help facilitate attachments to Queens in Blantyre, Kamuzu Central Hospital in Lilongwe, as well as Clubfoot work in the North. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suitable for: Orthopaedic Trainees (ST5-8).
· Clinical work with a particular focus on trauma, bone infection, bone tumour, paediatric orthopaedics and dealing with the Orthopaedic sequelae of HIV infection.
· Fellows are also expected to contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate training programs in orthopaedics and to assist with Orthopaedic Clinical Officer education.
- Proposed period of time: 12 months. (6 months approved by the SAC).
- Rental of good quality accommodation in Blantyre available.